This quiz is based on the on the Who Was? books, a New York Times bestselling Grosset & Dunlap series for children ages 8–11. You can access the printable version of this quiz below.
1. I was both the wife and the mother of a U.S. President.
Queen Victoria / Abigail Adams / Susan B. Anthony
2. I mysteriously disappeared in 1937.
Eleanor Roosevelt / Helen Keller / Amelia Earhart
3. As a black child living in the South, I could not attend school with white children.
Anne Frank / Rosa Parks / Michelle Obama
4. As a young girl, I dreamt of living among wild chimps.
Jane Goodall / Eleanor Roosevelt / Mother Theresa
5. At college, I was an amazing student and a really good tennis player.
Betsy Ross / Sally Ride / Amelia Earhart
6. I am world-famous because of my diary.
Anne Frank / Marie Curie / J.K. Rowling
7. I never lost a passenger!
Amelia Earhart / Annie Oakley / Harriet Tubman
8. During my lifetime, I painted 55 self-portraits!
Maria Tallchief / Frida Kahlo / Sacagawea
9. My book Silent Spring inspired worldwide movements to conserve and protect the environment.
Rachel Carson / Clara Barton / Harriet Beecher Stowe
10. Queen Victoria called me a “very, very clever little girl” when she saw me perform in a Wild West show.
Laura Ingalls Wilder / Annie Oakley / Harriet Tubman
11. I am a co-founder of Ms. magazine.
Eleanor Roosevelt / Susan B. Anthony / Gloria Steinem
12. I was only a teenager when I joined the Louis and Clark expedition!
Sacagawea / Abigail Adams / Betsy Ross
13. I became queen of the United Kingdom at age 18 and oversaw the greatest expansion of the British Empire.
Queen Elizabeth / Queen Victoria / Beatrix Potter
14. I was arrested for voting in the presidential election of 1872.
Mother Theresa / Harriet Tubman / Susan B. Anthony
To see the answers and get the printable quiz cards, click the download button.
About the Who Was? books: Specially created for kids ages 8–11, but enjoyed by readers of all ages, the Who Was? series has been educating and entertaining fans for over a decade. With a constantly growing list of nearly 100 titles, these fun illustrated biographies introduce readers to some of the most important figures in history.
With over 20 million books in print, the Who Was? series is available in ten languages around the world! Find your favorite at www.whowasbookseries.com.