Fully and fearlessly updated, this vital new edition of the acclaimed book on sex, sexuality, bodies, and puberty deserves a spot in every family’s library.
With more than 1.5 million copies in print, It’s Perfectly Normal
has been a trusted resource on sexuality for more than twenty-five years. Rigorously vetted by experts, this is the most ambitiously updated edition
yet, featuring to-the-minute information and language accompanied by new and refreshed art. Updates include
* A shift to gender-neutral vocabulary throughout
* An expansion on LGBTQIA topics, gender identity, sex, and sexuality—making this a sexual health book for all
* Coverage of recent advances in methods of sexual safety and contraception with corresponding illustrations
* A revised section on abortion, including developments in the shifting politics and legislation as well as an accurate, honest overview
* A sensitive and detailed expansion on the topics of sexual abuse, the importance of consent, and destigmatizing HIV/AIDS
* A modern understanding of social media and the internet that tackles rapidly changing technology to highlight its benefits and pitfalls and ways to stay safe online
Inclusive and accessible, this newest edition of It’s Perfectly Normal
provides young people with the knowledge and vocabulary they need to understand their bodies, relationships, and identities in order to make responsible decisions and stay healthy.
Robie H. Harris
is the New York Times
best-selling author of It’s Perfectly Normal, It’s So Amazing!
and It’s NOT the Stork!
as well as CRASH! BOOM! A Math Tale.
She is also the author of the Let’s Talk About You and Me series and many other books for young children. Robie H. Harris lives in New York City.Michael Emberley
is the illustrator of numerous books for children, including the Family Library. He lives in Ireland.
"It's Perfectly Normal is informative and interesting; reassuring and responsible; warm and charming. I wish every child (and parent) could have a copy." — Penelope Leach, Ph.D., author of YOUR BABY & CHILD
"I recommend [IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL] to parents and children who are coming into adolescence. They will love it." — T. Berry Brazelton, M.D. author of TOUCHPOINTS
"A perfectly wonderful treatment of the always touchy subject of sex education for young people. The book treats the subject seriously and its intended readers respectfully." — Hugh B. Price, president, National Urban League, Inc.